A wedding is a celebration of love and commitment, and capturing those precious moments is a crucial aspect of the big day. When it comes to selecting an experienced Asian wedding photographer, couples often find themselves faced with a myriad of options, each offering different packages tailored to the unique elements of their cultural celebration. In this blog post, we’ll demystify what is included in Asian wedding photography packages, ensuring that every significant cultural nuance is beautifully documented.
“Asian wedding” encompasses a wide range of cultures and traditions, so specific wedding photography packages can vary greatly. However, here’s a general overview of what you might find in some packages:
Wedding photography packages come in all shapes and sizes, just like delicious dumplings at a dim sum restaurant! Some focus on the core wedding day, while others offer comprehensive coverage of pre-wedding festivities like engagement parties or mehndi ceremonies.
- A comprehensive Asian wedding photography package typically commences with a pre-wedding consultation. This vital meeting provides the couple with an opportunity to explore their cultural preferences, delve into the intricacies of traditional rituals, and express their desires regarding specific shots they wish to capture. This process ensures that the photographer is not only attuned to the nuances of an Asian wedding but is also well-versed in adapting to different wedding photography styles that may be desired to enhance the storytelling aspect of the cultural celebration.
- Hours: Packages typically range from 4 to 12 hours, covering key events like the ceremony, reception, and family portraits. Some photographers offer pre-wedding event coverage (mehndi, engagement parties, etc.).
- Number of photographers: One photographer is common, but packages with two or more photographers exist, especially for larger weddings with multiple simultaneous events.
- Edited digital images: Most common, delivered on USB or online gallery. Quantity varies depending on package and photographer’s style.
- Prints: Some packages include prints, others offer print credits for later purchase.
- Albums: Popular way to showcase photos, basic albums in some packages, elaborate options with customization in others.
- Videos: Some photographers offer videography as an add-on service.
- Engagement sessions: Capture a relaxed, intimate side of the couple before the wedding.
- Second photographer: Helpful for capturing different angles and perspectives at large weddings.
- Drone photography: Stunning aerial shots of the venue and surroundings.
Examples of Asian Wedding Photography Packages:
- Indian wedding package: Cover mehndi ceremony, sangeet, baraat, and wedding ceremony. Photographer familiar with Hindu traditions and customs.
- Chinese wedding package: Cover tea ceremony, banquet, and gate-crashing traditions. Photographer familiar with Chinese customs and etiquette.
- Vietnamese wedding package: Cover ao dai ceremony, wedding procession, and reception. Photographer familiar with Vietnamese traditions and customs.
Selecting an Asian wedding photography package involves embracing the rich cultural tapestry of the celebration. By understanding what is typically included in these packages, couples can ensure that their wedding day is not only beautifully documented but also reflects the unique traditions and cultural elements that make their love story truly one-of-a-kind.